Chopin Music Forum Index Chopin Music Forum
Community of Classical Music Lovers

FAQFAQ   Forum RulesForum Rules   LinksLinks   LibraryLibrary   MemberlistMembers   SearchSearch
  ProfileProfile   Favorites   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in  RegisterNew User

Yundi Li
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaPianistaLoca
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Yundi Li Reply with quote

Just curious. Do any of you think that Yundi Li Nike commerical is peculiar? It just strikes me in a weird way as I feel that the advertisers make me feel so . . . typical, like I should be in that audience of the "typical" Chinese (I'm speaking in circles, I know).
LaPianistaLoca is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
beethoven
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

beethoven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man is trying to boost his his carrer, I hate that. No descent pianist would ever do that. He is going to be the next Maksim probabely. Rolling Eyes
beethoven is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, why is that so bad beethoven?

as long as he doesnt compromise his music
Comme_le_Vent is offline View user's profile Send private message
beethoven
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

beethoven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me did Horowitz or Brendel go for Adidas football shoes?
beethoven is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aout4
miss small hands rachopininoff lover

aout4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no of course not. They don't need those shoes for pedalling...but I think nike choose yundi li cos they see him as an icon, like since classical pianist is wearing nike then you should too, or something like that....
aout4 is offline View user's profile Send private message
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beethoven wrote:
Tell me did Horowitz or Brendel go for Adidas football shoes?

no, they would wear nike

Cool
Comme_le_Vent is offline View user's profile Send private message
virtuoso_735

virtuoso_735

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The commercial is interesting and entertaining. I don't necessarily think it will hurt Yundi Li's piano playing, so it shouldn't matter. He'll make money from that commercial, so that's good enough. Maybe it's unorthodox for a classical pianist to make a commercial for a company like Nike, but perhaps it might get some people into classical music.
virtuoso_735 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheRach
i hate rovolCz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen this commercial yet.
But I don't really think it would get people to like Classical music, unless they Yundi Li is playing a piece in the backround of the commercial (which I doubt happened).
TheRach is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
citrine_peridot
The "Pedal-Eater"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are also some commercial factors for picking yundi ,since a lot of chinese think he is a japanese idol look-alike(good-looking),i even saw him in a HK fasion magazine. in the adv, he is more a star than a musician.

but personaliy , i think he is getting kind of dressy. and i noticed that he changed his hair to that beethven-style after he won the comp.
citrine_peridot is offline View user's profile Send private message
TheRach
i hate rovolCz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I just watched it. A little weird. But entertaining.
TheRach is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
LaPianistaLoca
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

citrine_peridot wrote:
there are also some commercial factors for picking yundi ,since a lot of chinese think he is a japanese idol look-alike(good-looking),i even saw him in a HK fasion magazine. in the adv, he is more a star than a musician.

but personaliy , i think he is getting kind of dressy. and i noticed that he changed his hair to that beethven-style after he won the comp.

What I hate about that is that he is slowly conforming to the "looks" based in HK. Also, do you think maybe gov could be paying him for his ability? I heard something about how the Chinese athletes who do well in the Olympics as witnessed in the Diving Olympics get gov-mandated money on the Chinese radio station this morning. You'd be surprised at what people would do for money.
LaPianistaLoca is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Yundi Li Reply with quote

LaPianistaLoca wrote:
Just curious. Do any of you think that Yundi Li Nike commerical is peculiar? It just strikes me in a weird way as I feel that the advertisers make me feel so . . . typical, like I should be in that audience of the "typical" Chinese (I'm speaking in circles, I know).

No, I do not think that it is peculiar at all Wink. He has to promote himself somehow in today's blatlantly ignorant world, and being a virtuoso pianist is not enough to pay the mortgage Neutral. I really do not care whether he does such things or not, however; as long as his musicality does not suffer in the long run, which hopefully will not.
Best Wishes,
Philip Daniel
Philip Daniel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Flaming Buttocks of Doom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beethoven wrote:
The man is trying to boost his his carrer, I hate that. No descent pianist would ever do that. He is going to be the next Maksim probabely. Rolling Eyes

I hope you didn't just compare Li to Maksim. Confused
Flaming Buttocks of Doom is offline View user's profile Send private message
beethoven
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

beethoven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaming Buttocks of Doom wrote:
beethoven wrote:

I'm not talking about technique or so, about starting to do this commercials, and appearing in fashion magazines...

Man, I hate Maksim Confused
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beethoven wrote:
Flaming Buttocks of Doom wrote:
beethoven wrote:

I'm not talking about technique or so, about starting to do this commercials, and appearing in fashion magazines...

Man, I hate Maksim Confused

The saddest thing is Maksim Mrvica did have great potential, but he wasted it Sad. Hopefully, the same will not happen to Yundi Li.
Best Wishes,
Philip Daniel
Philip Daniel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Go to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chopin Music Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: