Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
|Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:25 pm Post subject: FORUM RULES
|1. a) While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
1. b) You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
2. a) No Spamming. No posting nonsense, stupid, pointless material or posting way off-topic. No posting the same message more than once, and if such is done by accident (double-post), please delete it immediately. Most posts should be in regards to the original topic-starter's post and be in the least informative.
2. b) No Flaming as in direct insults towards other members. Anyone who does this exceedingly will be temporarily or permanently banned on the spot. This is not tolerated here as it is completely unacceptable as it is a complete lack of respect and maturity.
2. c) No insulting due to RACE, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Religion or Other types of subjects. This is completely unacceptable and will also not be tolerated.
2. d) Absolutely no harassing of the other members of the forum. This includes continuous questioning or harassment about geographic locations, sex, sexual orientation, religion or any other personal information which is none of your business. If this rule is abused, some may suffer consequences.
2. e) No Adult/Sexual material, as in discussing or posting material of adult content whatsoever. There are many other places on the internet for such discussion, however this is definitely not the place for such content, please bring it elsewhere. Such content will be immediately deleted from the database.
2. f) No Mass Posting as in posting just for fun, posting to simply increase your post count, posting to top someone's post count,
posting small one-word/emoticon posts such as "ok", "lol", or "", etc... Anyone who does so will have their post count permanently changed to 5.
2. g) Make your posts EASY to READ! This means no excessive use of colors that are difficult to read, no over-use of bad grammar or capital letters (all-caps), nor the opposite (using too many universitary words), no swearing, no excessive use of slang or anything near the above. This is meant to be a very professional environment, and the latter certainly does not help.
2. h) If a member abuses a Feature on the forum (such as Personal Messages, avatars, etc.), this feature will be disabled to the user and they will be given a warning. The maximum size of an avatar on this forum is that of 100 pi. by 100 pi. Any adult/sexual content is completely unacceptable.
3. Please remember at all times that this is a forum that is dedicated to the discussion of classical music. The creation of the Off-Topic forums was to avoid any mixing of the two and to help members socialize. But if at any time a member forgets that the forum is for discussion of classical music and not that of erotic, profane or any other nature, they will be warned. There are many communities on the web, and this is simply not the place for such content.
4. a) Anyone who does not follow these rules will be given a warning, failure to comply will result in a ban from the forum.
4. b) By registering to the forum you agree to be bound by these conditions.
phpBB forum rules
The ChopinMusic Administrators