Chopin Music Forum Index Chopin Music Forum
Community of Classical Music Lovers

FAQFAQ   Forum RulesForum Rules   LinksLinks   LibraryLibrary   MemberlistMembers   SearchSearch
  ProfileProfile   Favorites   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in  RegisterNew User

Your biggest experience.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PianistSk8er
Chopiffraliszt lover
Chopiffraliszt lover

PianistSk8er

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Your biggest experience. Reply with quote

What was your biggest and most memorable experience concerning piano playing?

Mine was probably to play Ballade 1 in front of an audience for the first time, they were so impressed. Smile

PS
PianistSk8er is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Philip Daniel
Moderato
Moderato

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year ago, I played in my fourth public recital. Guess what I played? Bach's Goldberg Variations, "Partita di Signore Steltzeln" from the W. F. Bach Notebook, & Variations on an Air in the Italian Manner. I also played two Chopin Mazurkas & my own transcription of Delibes' Mazurka #3 from Coppelia as encores. I was so proud Smile.
Philip Daniel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WinterWind_23

WinterWind_23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillip, you played the complete Goldberg, or just a few variations? I'd be impressed.

Anyways, I haven't any great experience in piano playing. Though I have a few memorable piano experiences, they are not very impressive.
WinterWind_23 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
virtuoso_735

virtuoso_735

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a really defining moment or great performance. I only play in those yearly recitals for a few minutes, and a few times for the piano class at school, but nothing great.
virtuoso_735 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Amnesia
Moderato
Moderato

Amnesia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played at my school's graduation in 2001 in front of about 500 people. At that time, I wasn't much of an accomplished pianist, so I only played Für Elise. Went quite well though Smile
Amnesia is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Jeliness2
Moderator Team Lieder
Moderator Team Lieder

Jeliness2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, i played at the boston concert in july. that was really fun. This spring, i'll have my first solo recital. That'll be funner. ehehehe lol. Smile
Jeliness2 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WinterWind_23

WinterWind_23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeliness2 wrote:
Ummm, i played at the boston concert in july. that was really fun. This spring, i'll have my first solo recital. That'll be funner. ehehehe lol. Smile

I remember that. You told us before. How did it go?
WinterWind_23 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jeliness2
Moderator Team Lieder
Moderator Team Lieder

Jeliness2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm, it was alright. but fun, although i did manage to botch my beethoven Piano sonata.
Jeliness2 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Debussy
Moderator Team Lieder
Moderator Team Lieder

Debussy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most memorable experience would probably have to be playing at two weddings and of course, winning the piano star award; it's quite an honour to win that award here and I was thrilled. Smile
Debussy is offline View user's profile Send private message
beethoven
Moderato
Moderato

beethoven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did my first public performance 3 years ago. I played Brahms trios with someother friends in front of 500-600 people. They were impressed. It was a really good and memorable night. It was like a competition. Our ensemble played Brahms trios for like 1 hour. Then the other group came, they played Schubert "Trout" quintet. Then as encore, one of my friends played caprice no.24 (the famous one) from Paganini, and I played Beethoven Op.10.1 in Cminor (1st movement). It was really great. Razz
beethoven is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Philip Daniel
Moderato
Moderato

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WinterWind_23 wrote:
Phillip, you played the complete Goldberg, or just a few variations? I'd be impressed.

Anyways, I haven't any great experience in piano playing. Though I have a few memorable piano experiences, they are not very impressive.

I played the whole thing, right down to the ever-famous quodlibet and the aria d a capo Smile.
I'm going to play the complete Art of the Fugue in my next Bach recital in November.
Philip Daniel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

recording 'the devil's fury'

Cool
Comme_le_Vent is offline View user's profile Send private message
Philip Daniel
Moderato
Moderato

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comme_le_Vent wrote:

Cool

Oh, I remember that back in CF! You're very naturally gifted when it comes to improvisation Wink.
virtuoso_735

virtuoso_735

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:

Cool

Oh, I remember that back in CF! You're very naturally gifted when it comes to improvisation Wink.

I remember it also. The improvisation was quite good, with a lot of "fury". The piano sounded weird though.
virtuoso_735 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
PianistSk8er
Chopiffraliszt lover
Chopiffraliszt lover

PianistSk8er

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

virtuoso_735 wrote:
Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:

Cool

I remember it also. The improvisation was quite good, with a lot of "fury". The piano sounded weird though.

So did his voice. Wink It was pretty cool. Smile

PS
PianistSk8er is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Go to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chopin Music Forum Index -> Piano Playing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: