Chopin Music Forum Index Chopin Music Forum
Community of Classical Music Lovers

FAQFAQ   Forum RulesForum Rules   LinksLinks   LibraryLibrary   MemberlistMembers   SearchSearch
  ProfileProfile   Favorites   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in  RegisterNew User

Un Sospiro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celviano

Celviano

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Un Sospiro Reply with quote

here's my attempt at this piece... its not complete, quality is bad, playing is bad too?

comments would be appreciated. Smile

J.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  J.mp3
 Filesize:  904.21 KB
 Downloaded:  26 Time(s)

Celviano is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PianistSk8er
Chopiffraliszt lover
Chopiffraliszt lover

PianistSk8er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not bad at all! Just work on bringing out the melody a little more, and finishing up the piece so you can be on your way to perfection! Since it is not complete, I will not rate it, but from what I've heard I'd say you're doing quite well.
PianistSk8er is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
An!ma`

An!ma`

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this the piece everyone'splaying lately? heh

Practice it a lot slower, especially the beginning, the melody in broken octaves is NOT easy and it sounds superugly when you just hit 1 wrong note. Work on your tempo too, you begin a lot faster than you end Smile. And as PS said, you should try to bring out the melody more, there's too much arpeggio and not enough melody.
Apart from that, you're on the right track, nice arpeggio's at the end! Do mind that in the "climax" the first run just goes up and down, and doesn't repeat the before-last octave in the run, like you play it.
An!ma` is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Celviano

Celviano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments, will try to improve my melody thing

actually, i stopped playing this piece years ago because i couldnt do those arpeggios with the right hand in bars 30-34, but i continued this piece recently after being inspired An!ma`'s video of it Smile
Celviano is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
citrine_peridot
The "Pedal-Eater"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An!ma` wrote:
So is this the piece everyone'splaying lately? heh

it's kinda annoying when it happens ,isn't it

back to top, Celviano, technically, i don't think you hit as many wrong notes as i did, but the recording in general is a bit of plain, maybe a slightly more delicate touch would make the piece sound "sweeter", and yeah, the arppeggio is a bit of “muddy"~~~~~~~~~~~~i try not to make any comparison between ours version(i mean, mine is a joke, at least you are serious)

personaly, i perfer a complete piece rather than a excerpt even it's HOLY-CRAPy, so, i will rate your recording when you post the whole thing up.
citrine_peridot is offline View user's profile Send private message
Helling

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit hard to tell with this sound quality. The beginning is also a bit faster than you really need to do it. On the whole, you seem to play this a bit more agressively than the piece really calls for (it is called "a sigh" after all and this sounds more like an asthmatic attack). With aggressively I do not necessarily mean volume wise but mainly the way you attack the notes to make it a bit more agitato than at least I think it should be.

However, you have the notes down rather well so I don't think you should have problems with this piece if you just practice more. Once again I am not sure if I can hear it well enough to really give valuable advice, but I would suggest that you try to keep the accompaniment much farther into the background (something even certain professional pianists do not always do sufficiently when the accompaniment is much harder than the actual melody).
Helling is offline View user's profile Send private message
Go to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chopin Music Forum Index -> Audition Room All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: