Chopin Music Forum Index Chopin Music Forum
Community of Classical Music Lovers
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PASTICCIO IN FOLK STYLE
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
       Chopin Music Forum Index -> Composers Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)




Age: 15
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 780
Location: Ingary

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: PASTICCIO IN FOLK STYLE

A little pastiche of Slavic folk music . The parallel fifths in the bass are intentional, but otherwise there are no ambiguities in the voice-leading .
http://www.finalemusic.com/showcase/upload/S0017798.MUS
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
TheRach
i hate rovolCz



Age: 6
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 572
Location: Virginia

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject:

You are a mofo, again three reasons.
1) It also kicks my composition's ass.
2) It kick's my other composition's ass.
3) It kick's my 3rd composition's ass.

A good job. Several parts of it sounded very sweet and lovely.
Respec to Philip Daniel
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)




Age: 15
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 780
Location: Ingary

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject:

TheRach wrote:
You are a mofo, again three reasons.
1) It also kicks my composition's ass.
2) It kick's my other composition's ass.
3) It kick's my 3rd composition's ass.

A good job. Several parts of it sounded very sweet and lovely.
Respec to Philip Daniel

So, what's your rating of it ?
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned



Age: 20
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Posts: 597
Location: Northumberland

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject:

i hated the out of place parallel 5ths, for this i give you 50
Back to top
Send private message
TheRach
i hate rovolCz



Age: 6
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 572
Location: Virginia

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmmmm.
94.
2 points off for each of my compositions of mine your composition kicked the ass of.
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)




Age: 15
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 780
Location: Ingary

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: PASTICCIO IN FOLK STYLE

Comme_le_Vent wrote:
i hated the out of place parallel 5ths, for this i give you 50

Philip Daniel wrote:
A little pastiche of Slavic folk music . The parallel fifths in the bass are intentional, but otherwise there are no ambiguities in the voice-leading .
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
TheRach
i hate rovolCz



Age: 6
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 572
Location: Virginia

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Lol, Philip he's always gonna give you a 50.
When he submits a composition, you'll then have reason to rate it 50.
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned



Age: 20
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Posts: 597
Location: Northumberland

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: PASTICCIO IN FOLK STYLE

Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:
i hated the out of place parallel 5ths, for this i give you 50

Philip Daniel wrote:
A little pastiche of Slavic folk music . The parallel fifths in the bass are intentional, but otherwise there are no ambiguities in the voice-leading .


doesnt change da fact dat i hated dem
Back to top
Send private message
TheRach
i hate rovolCz



Age: 6
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 572
Location: Virginia

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject:

HAHAH Check this out.

Brevity is the soul of wit says:
lol did you even listen to it
Eric Prydz iz a tru mofo - Girthissississimo says:
no
Eric Prydz iz a tru mofo - Girthissississimo says:
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)




Age: 15
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 780
Location: Ingary

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: PASTICCIO IN FOLK STYLE

Comme_le_Vent wrote:
Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:
i hated the out of place parallel 5ths, for this i give you 50

Philip Daniel wrote:
A little pastiche of Slavic folk music . The parallel fifths in the bass are intentional, but otherwise there are no ambiguities in the voice-leading .


doesnt change da fact dat i hated dem

You know, this is probably the only time I broke a rule, Comme . You should be happy .
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned



Age: 20
Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Posts: 597
Location: Northumberland

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: PASTICCIO IN FOLK STYLE

Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:
Philip Daniel wrote:
Comme_le_Vent wrote:
i hated the out of place parallel 5ths, for this i give you 50

Philip Daniel wrote:
A little pastiche of Slavic folk music . The parallel fifths in the bass are intentional, but otherwise there are no ambiguities in the voice-leading .


doesnt change da fact dat i hated dem

You know, this is probably the only time I broke a rule, Comme . You should be happy .


breaking a rule once in a while sucks ass, breaking dem all da time - commands respec

Back to top
Send private message
TheRach
i hate rovolCz



Age: 6
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 572
Location: Virginia

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Lol Philip, you might have passed my post which was above yours.
It makes everything clear.
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Jeliness2
Moderator Team Lieder
Moderator Team Lieder



Age: 14
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 851
Location: Mystic, CT. You know, like Mystic Pizza.....

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Lol, darn voice leading. Chinese composers do worse rule breaking than you do. Good job.

But, what was that towards the end.... You had a Gaspard de la Nuit thing goin' on. lol geeze
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
John_Hamby
Registered User



Age: 18
Joined: 05 Dec 2004
Posts: 15
Location: Greer, SC USA

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject:

Can you convert your compositions to MIDI?
Back to top
Send private message
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)




Age: 15
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Posts: 780
Location: Ingary

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Jeliness2 wrote:

But, what was that towards the end.... You had a Gaspard de la Nuit thing goin' on. lol geeze

That was an just an afterthought that I may develop when I actually finish the piece completely.
Back to top
Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
       Chopin Music Forum Index -> Composers Area All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group