Chopin Music Forum Index Chopin Music
Community of Classical Music Lovers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much would tuning cost?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virtuoso_735

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aout, do you notice a big (positive) change in sound after a tuning?

Voicing helps the piano either sound mellower (softer or less harsh). Usually, the piano technician uses special needs to soften or change the structure of the fiber of the hammers. U1's tend to be bright, so it's a good idea to get it voiced if you find it harsh or too loud. Other voicing techniques include steam ing to soften the sound, or a liquid hammer softener. Needling is the most predictable and controllable method. You can also brighten up your piano, but I don't think you'd want that. Smile
aout4
miss small hands rachopininoff lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think there's much difference after tuning, except, strangly, I notice one or two of my keys will have a "rusty" sound (u know what I mean? like when you press the key, you heard a "sa sa" sound) when it's time for tuning....so whenever the keys goes "sa sa", I know the tuning guy will call me sooon. lol

I wonder if voicing is expensive, cos my old piano has been there for nearly ten yrs without tuning, and the sound is horrible! (it was already horrible when I was playing it ten yrs ago) I just hope I can do something about it, but I'm not sure what can be done to it.....
lol_nl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my neighbourhood the tuners (not VERY good, but quite ok) need 50-60 euros (about $60-$75)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chopin Music Forum Index -> The Pianoforte All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: