Back to Home Forum Index

Piano mechanisum

Discussion of the piano: historical and mechanical information.
Post a reply

Piano mechanisum

Postby johnmar78 on Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:50 am

Hi every one,
I know PFJ would like to discuss thsi subject with me....all welcome.

I went to One of the biggest piano shop in sydney-ALLENS.

Tried the Chinese make one--schinginer??/ and Kawai and Ronisch(austria). The touch of Schin vs Kawai is unbeleivable, its much gentle and mellower than my own Yamaha(g3). The Kawai mec is partially use plastic combined with wood. Where as the Ronisch is all wood but twice the price.

The salesman tells me the ronich is a better mec ?faster action than,,,,
But when I tried without telling the saleman which is a better one. i have to say the KAWAI is better than Ronisch---touch wise and Schinger is same as the Kawai..I could not tell the difference. But Ronich tends to be a litlle less responsive....compared to other two.
I was wondered is this why there is a 40% reduction in price on Ronisch /?? People reckon if its hand made(wood) its better. I reckon the plastic mec/wood is the best because its last longer and less affects bu the huminity in the air-expandsion of wood.

I have to say the Chinese made one was rather supprised and its touch just like the Kawai but no less than Ronich....

I also played other Chinese made on but its so good....because its new in the markets the price is 1/2 of Kawai....

What your opnion about the "speed of mechanisum or action of the keys?
Have you guys tried the Ronisch???? or others

Thank you for reading...
johnmar78
Registered Musician

Postby PJF on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:56 am

Kawai's action is well suited to Chopin's music. Mozart, too. I love Kawai pianos. Their touch is so light and smooth. Kawais have a wonderful, slightly silvery sparkling sound in the treble, and a deep, clear, bass. :)

Yamaha's? I am unable to play a Yamaha. Their action is ridiculously slow and heavy. The sound of Yamahas playing is unbearable, harsh and loud.
Chopin would hear dogs barking from a Yamaha.
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby johnmar78 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:36 pm

good one..
johnmar78
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to The Pianoforte