Happy Holidays to all members of the Chopin Music community!

what are your tequniecs for composing a melody!?

Discussion of composition and inspiration. Share your compositions and have them critiqued!
Post a reply

what are your tequniecs for composing a melody!?

Postby tony on Thu May 12, 2005 11:17 pm

sry,i cant spell it correctly but,what ar your teq*8*88* for composing a melody!how do youi keep it flowing especialyy a classical melody?! :?

tony
Registered Musician

Postby Aeolean_Nights on Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:56 pm

tequniecs = techniquez

1. follow a harmonic setup
2. use a variety of intervalic/stepwise motion changing directions at appropriate times
3. experiment with bach-like inventions then analyzze mozart sonatas
4. develop yourself some talent
Aeolean_Nights
Registered Musician

Postby calebrw on Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:26 pm

for me, once, i have a melody, i try to visualize what logically comes next, or if you want to throw off the people, use some thing that doesn;t make sense. the best common example (i know of) of this is in Fur Elise, is the sudden E/G/Bb/C# chord, it has next to nothing to do with the previous melody, but it still "fits" into the song. Using Fur Elise again, you can do a measure and then repeat the rhythm using slightly different pitches. In the main melody, there is a A/E/A/C/E/A/B and the next measure its E/E/G#/E/G#/B/C.
Note: The above example does span two measure, 6 16th notes and an 8th note in the next measure overlapping the first two notes in the next 16th note pattern
calebrw
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to Pen and Paper