Login or Register to hide advertisements

Chopin Prelude Op.28, No. 22 in G Minor

Upload your recordings and have them critiqued by other musicians!
Post a reply

Chopin Prelude Op.28, No. 22 in G Minor

Postby PJF » 26 Sep 2007, 22:10

Another resurrected piece. I recorded this today on a whim. I hadn't practiced it in years so I was surprised when it came out so well.

It has its flaws, but you get the point. :lol:I imagine I could really get in a few weeks.
Attachments
Prelude op28 no. 22 in G Minor, Chopin.mp3
PJF
(462.7 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Registered Musician

Re: Chopin Prelude Op.28, No. 22 in G Minor

Postby Drummer06 » 27 Sep 2007, 14:10

Wow! Awesome Job, I Love the End. You know they say that Prelude is one of the more difficult ones because of the left hand Octives. ( But Again Thats not a Problem for You.)

Keep It Up!
D6
It was always a happy day when...YYZ appeared on our Luggage Tags. -Neil Peart

אם אתה לא נכשל, מאשר שאתה לא מנסה ׃ - ריטה
Drummer06
Registered Musician

Postby PianistSk8er » 27 Sep 2007, 22:04

Sounds great! I'd bother critiquing, but it sounds like you're well on your way to a refined, musical performance. Keep the high-quality recordings coming. :)

PS
PianistSk8er
Violin Concerto Enthusiast
Violin Concerto Enthusiast

Postby PJF » 28 Sep 2007, 22:52

My poor piano and I say thanks! (I put it out of tune with the last recording).

I sure will keep on, Nico (and please critique freely)! I'm not that far from a complete opus 28, except for no. 8 in F# minor, I've played them at one time or another (mostly in the late '90's, and badly). I can hardly wait till I have them all in my grasp.

In the last year, I went through a period of near burnout trying to master the Chopin Concertos (which are not ready and probably won't be for a while.) Even though I have them both memorized, I don't have enough experience with the orchestra . The stress would kill me. I've been so caught up in the concertos and etudes (and the Beethoven Sonatas), these past few years, I almost forgot to give opus 28 its due attention! The preludes are refreshingly easy. Maybe "easy" is the wrong word; they're harmonically and melodically simpler, much more satisfying to be sure. I'll gladly give the super-difficult repertoire a rest for a bit. The etudes are marinating in my brain. :lol:

Speaking of the Beet. Sonatas...(see new topic)
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to Audition Room