Login or Register to hide advertisements

Chopin Mazurka Opus6 No2 in C# minor AND Prelude op28 no1

Upload your recordings and have them critiqued by other musicians!
Post a reply

Chopin Mazurka Opus6 No2 in C# minor AND Prelude op28 no1

Postby PJF » 15 Aug 2007, 21:52

Hello all you people!!!!

If we don't contribute to this nice slice of web pie, it will go stale and be fed to the hogs!

Anyway here's a Mazurka by Chopin performed, of course, by moi. I hope you likey! :lol:
Attachments
Prelude 28-1 C Major F. Chopin.mp3
Pierre Fournet, Piano
(876.4 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
chopin-6-2-fournet.mp3
Pierre Fournet, Piano
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 103 times
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Registered Musician

Re: Chopin Mazurka Opus6 No2 in C# minor AND Prelude op28 no1

Postby Drummer06 » 16 Aug 2007, 16:24

Wow! Let me start by saying that you are truley a Virtuso! The Prelude could not of been any better than that, it was Perfect ( And thats a mouth full coming from me, because thats one of my Favorite Preludes.) And the Mazurka, I've Never heard that one before but I have already listened to It three times Now! The Perfomance is Awesome and sound is Incredible. Keep up the Good work And Please Keep posting Your Recordings!

Sincerly
Drummer06 8)
It was always a happy day when...YYZ appeared on our Luggage Tags. -Neil Peart

אם אתה לא נכשל, מאשר שאתה לא מנסה ׃ - ריטה
Drummer06
Registered Musician

Postby PianistSk8er » 16 Aug 2007, 22:03

Nice to hear some recordings!

Both of are of exquisite quality. Had I found these on a professional pianist's CD, I would not have been disappointed! Truly, you capture the essence of both pieces very well. After the prelude, I want more... where are the other 23? :PThe mazurka reminds me of my days playing mazurkas and other sad melodies. (I haven't touched a piano in over a month!)

Keep playing and keep posting recordings! My lack of access to a piano is the reason for which I haven't posted most of this year's pieces. Hopefully I will do so soon.

Cheers,
PS
PianistSk8er
Violin Concerto Enthusiast
Violin Concerto Enthusiast

Postby PJF » 18 Aug 2007, 01:38

Wow, thanks drummer6! Way to boost a guy's morale! (BTW, what's your name again?)

Merci beau coup, Monsieur Morin-Paul! There IS more on the way! :D

(If you're wondering, I pushed my October, '07 competition date back two years, to '09. The stress of attempting mastery of Chopin's virtuosic E-Minor concerto, inside of one year, was giving me severe, chronic insomnia. Something had to give, so I decided it would be in my health's best interest to allow more time, (two whole years' time, in fact) to prepare. I have the whole concerto committed to memory (which was a monumental accomplishment for this mere mortal), I only need to bring it up to tempo.

It's amazing how when the stress of competition is removed, the body and mind are freed to thrive. If I can't get my performance of the opus 11 shipshape and Bristol fashion come 2009, I'll likely abandon the notion of participating in international piano competitions. I think I have it in me, but if I don't, that's fine. :)

For this year, the next pieces I'll post will be...an assortment of Chopin Etudes, Nocturnes and Preludes, Op28 (maybe op28/16!)some Beethoven Sonatas (either the Pathetique or the Appassionata.)
and...:twisted:...
Chopin's Scherzo #1 in B-minor.)

Postscript--I've just begun work on Liszt's Transcendental Etudes! Six weeks in, my technique is again growing. I get giddy imagining the pianist I'll be in twenty years.

Well, that's enough monologue out of me... :lol:

Thanks again guys! Nico, post a recording of yourself as soon as you can. Good luck finding an instrument!
Per Sapientiam Felicitas!

Pete
PJF
Registered Musician

Postby Drummer06 » 18 Aug 2007, 15:20

Wow, thanks drummer6! Way to boost a guy's morale! (BTW, what's your name again?)

The Names Tyler but most people Just call me TJ 8)
It was always a happy day when...YYZ appeared on our Luggage Tags. -Neil Peart

אם אתה לא נכשל, מאשר שאתה לא מנסה ׃ - ריטה
Drummer06
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to Audition Room