Login or Register to hide advertisements

How is every ones progress...

The art and science of piano performance and technique
Post a reply

Postby elvenpianist » 26 Nov 2006, 15:37

I have the Bach, Haydn, and Chopin memorized! And the de Falla is coming along nicely now, too.

Cannooooot wait for new rep!

-elf
~Clara Glennette Georgiana Fiorkapatti

"Those little weirdnesses... Schumann- QUIRKY!" -David Dubal

"I am convinced that Bach is the greatest genius who ever walked among us." -Douglas Adams
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Re: How is every ones progress...

Postby Jeliness2 » 01 Jun 2007, 21:51

okkkaay
so after practicing my repertoire for a year, I'm finished with 2 competitions, evaluations, and I'm having my end of the year recital on sunday june 3, 2007!

At the Renee b. Fisher Piano Competition, a statewide high school one, I got 1st prize :Dand the award for Best performance of the Commissioned work, "Etchings IV", by Paolo Longo. At my 2nd competition, the Victor Norman Concerto Competition, I got 2nd place and I'm going to be playing the 1st mve. of beethoven's 1st piano concerto next year with the orchestra. I also got honors at my music school evaluation and I'm going to be attending the Boston University Tanglewood Institute this summer... So basically, I'm really ready for summer to come and for me to get new pieces... lol

My recital this weekend will be a joint performance with my piano duo partner. The program consists of (on my part):
-Mozart Sonata in F Major, K. 497 for 4 hands, mves. 1+2
-Bach Prelude and Fugue in E-flat major, WTC bk. II
-Haydn Sonata in C major, HOB. XVI:50
-Chopin Impromptu in G-flat major, Op.51
-Milhaud "Sorocaba" no.1 from Saudades do Brazil Op. 67
-"Etchings IV" by Paolo Longo (b. 1967)

Woohoo
Jeliness2
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Drummer06 » 03 Jun 2007, 14:56

I am Learning Chopins 24 Preludes. I can already Play almost half of them. 8)
It was always a happy day when...YYZ appeared on our Luggage Tags. -Neil Peart

אם אתה לא נכשל, מאשר שאתה לא מנסה ׃ - ריטה
Drummer06
Registered Musician

Postby zeniyama » 04 Jun 2007, 20:32

I'm getting pretty far in L'Orage, by Johann Burgmuller. I'm almost to the end, and have worked out all of the rough spots before the very last strain. Now, all I need is to memorize and smooth out the last strain, and do a little touch up work on dynamics.

I finally get to learn Chopin's famous Funeral March. Right now I'm just starting out, and only have the first couple of lines memorized and good.

I'm also just starting on Erik Satie's "Petite Ouverture a Danser", which is a nice little song. I'm having no real troubles with it, and should have it done in a little while.

Also (this is completely off topic, but decided to include it anyway), my piano teacher got first place in an old timey music competition in Missouri.
"Music is the silence between the notes."
-Claude Debussy
"Art is not an end in itself, but a means of addressing humanity."
-Modest Mussorgsky
"Music is an outburst of the soul."
-Frederick Delius
zeniyama
Registered Musician

Previous

Post a reply

Return to Piano Playing