Back to Home Forum Index

Royal Conservatory of Music

Discussion of stress, skills and technique associated with the performance of this instrument.
Post a reply

Royal Conservatory of Music

Postby jadeli on Fri May 05, 2006 2:33 am

Hey,

Are there any other Canadians in here that are in RCM? If yes, what grade/level? I'm probably just an amateur compared to most of y'all in here, I'm only in Grade 9. :PAnd what songs have you played in previous grades? Planning to take any exams soon? I was hoping to do my Grade 9 next June, but I have to get jaw surgery done, so that might not happen.

Jayda
jadeli
Registered Musician

Postby PianistSk8er on Sun May 14, 2006 7:38 pm

Hello!

Well, I don't know that there are many Canadians on the forum, but there are some!

I'm currently finishing my first year of grade 10 with the RCM, and I just did my grade 4 harmony exam yesterday. (It was tough!) Next year I'll be taking the practical exam for grade 10 piano as well as the grade 4 history exam. After that, I'm taking a break while I'm in university. (I'll probably do lots of Hanon intermittently to keep up my technique.) Then, one day, I'll definitely do either Performer's ARCT or Teacher's ARCT... or both! Who knows? :P

PS
PianistSk8er
Aspiring Horo-Cziffra
Aspiring Horo-Cziffra

Postby nocturnetta on Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:50 am

Loll, I just did my gr. 4 harmony exam last month, and I started playing gr. 10 stuff in January. I'm playing Liszt's Liebestraum no. 1 for a recital in two weeks XD
nocturnetta
Registered Musician

RCM

Postby taylorwcn on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:14 am

Sup my Canadian Hommies! lol

I live around the GTA area and I just finished my ARCT practical two weeks ago. I'm quite behind on theory though. Still have to do Counterpoint, grade 5 harmony and analysis in five years or I'll have to repeat the practical :cry:.

Peace 8)
taylorwcn
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to Piano Playing