Login or Register to hide advertisements

Your Favorite Pianist

Legendary pianists, by whom the art of music has been developed
Post a reply

Re: Your Favorite Pianist

Postby may10 » 26 Jun 2009, 22:12

My personal all-time favorite is Josef Hofmann. Even if I don't agree with ALL of his interpretations, I respect them. If I could ever play even half as intelligibly and beautifully I would die a happy person :). I have many other favorites which include Richter, Horowitz, and Argerich, all for different reasons.
may10
Registered Musician

Postby Cameron » 04 Nov 2009, 08:03

Władysław Szpilman is the one and only pianist i like most.He was the great pianist who died in 2000 :(. The Pianist is the movie, which is based on his autobiographical book recounting how he survived the Holocaust.Due to this reason i watched this movie 15 times and still eager to watch this movie. .Szpilman studied piano in Warsaw and Berlin in the early 1930s.i am hardcore fan of his piano playing skill still i know he is not more.I have downloaded many sound tracks of the movie Pianist and listen it when i fell worry.The music reminds me how he survived during the Holocaust and i forget my worry.
Last edited by PianistSk8er on 05 Nov 2009, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
Cameron
Registered Musician

Postby BrokenFingers » 03 Jun 2010, 22:04

may10 wrote:My personal all-time favorite is Josef Hofmann. Even if I don't agree with ALL of his interpretations, I respect them. If I could ever play even half as intelligibly and beautifully I would die a happy person :). I have many other favorites which include Richter, Horowitz, and Argerich, all for different reasons.

Marry me, please.

I vote Hofmann a million times!
"If a composer could say what he had to say with words, he would not bother trying to say it with music" -Mahler
BrokenFingers
Registered Musician

Previous

Post a reply

Return to Pianists