Back to Home Forum Index

Amazing waltz that would love to know who wrote it!!!!

Discussion of musical matters that fit into none of the above categories.
Post a reply

Amazing waltz that would love to know who wrote it!!!!

Postby tony on Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:19 pm

Does anyone know the piece played in "the pianist"? it was played when wladislaw szpilman was being hidden in the apartment the first apartment he was hidden in it was near the wall where the jews and poles were fighting back he heard it next door in the next apartment it was like a waltz?? does anyone know! :?::roll:

tony
Registered Musician

Postby b3n on Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:35 am

Roman Polanski i think :?:
b3n
Registered Musician

Postby PianistSk8er on Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:26 pm

Is it the piece that he "pretends" to play yet his fingers aren't actually touching the keys, so as to not attract attention? If so, that would be the Grande Polonaise Brillante Op.22 by Chopin, IIRC. By the way, most of the pieces in that movie are indeed by Chopin, with only one exception, I believe.

PS
PianistSk8er
Aspiring Horo-Cziffra
Aspiring Horo-Cziffra

Postby Jeliness2 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:45 pm

Well, an old woman plays Bach's Prelude from Suite for Unaccompanied cello.
Jeliness2
Moderator Team Lieder
Moderator Team Lieder

Postby tony on Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:22 pm

No, pianist not that one, but I did know it was that one ,and at the end it is also that. :wink:it is when he is laying down on the couch in one of the apartments he stayed in and he herard very faintly a music and a man compliments on the pearson playing" you play beautifully"( i think someone says something close to that )lol.
p.s jelliness the women who plays that is not old its the ladywith the bloned hair who meets wladyslaw during the bobmraid. :wink:

tony
Registered Musician

Postby Fryderyk on Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:27 pm

If I haven´t got it mixed up, judging from the sound track, the only waltz played in that movie was Chopins 34/2. A mazurka is included on the CD aswell, is it 24/4?

Some time has gone since I saw the movie.

Fryderyk
Registered Musician

Postby tony on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:22 am

im not sure it was a waltz but it was nice realy slow in the backround he hard it from the apartment next door the same apartment that he droped the plates in...!

tony
Registered Musician

Postby citrine_peridot on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:41 pm

Fryderyk wrote:If I haven´t got it mixed up, judging from the sound track, the only waltz played in that movie was Chopins 34/2. A mazurka is included on the CD aswell, is it 24/4?

Some time has gone since I saw the movie.

those people put random poupular Chopin in that sound soundtrack even a lot of them didn't show up in the movie at all.

add: isn't Roman Polanski an actor/director? (maybe he DID compose that~~~~~~~~~~)

citrine_peridot
The "Pedal-Eater"

Postby tony on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:52 pm

yeah they didnt play alot of the pieces from the soundtrack in the movie. roman polanski is the director of the movie it was his idead for yhe movie.. :wink:

tony
Registered Musician

Postby b3n on Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:02 am

Yeah i didnt read the question properly :oops:
b3n
Registered Musician

Postby Rubi on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:16 pm

Hi tony!
The piece you are looking for is called "Umowilem sie z nia na dziewiata" and it was written by Henryk Wars and Emanuel Szlechter (lyrics). It was a very popular song before the war. Szpilman plays it in the movie (the scene where he is working as a pianist in a restaurant). I especially like the scene where he improvises "transforming" it into Chopin's E-minor piano concert... Unfortunately i do not have any recodrding of it, for it is hard to find in p2p. I can tell you only, that it was originally sung by Eugeniusz Bodo. I hope, that I was helpful.

...and yeah, I bet, that Polanski knows it also :)

Rubi
Rubi
Registered Musician

Postby tony on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:18 am

Rubi wrote:Hi tony!
The piece you are looking for is called "Umowilem sie z nia na dziewiata" and it was written by Henryk Wars and Emanuel Szlechter (lyrics). It was a very popular song before the war. Szpilman plays it in the movie (the scene where he is working as a pianist in a restaurant). I especially like the scene where he improvises "transforming" it into Chopin's E-minor piano concert... Unfortunately i do not have any recodrding of it, for it is hard to find in p2p. I can tell you only, that it was originally sung by Eugeniusz Bodo. I hope, that I was helpful.

...and yeah, I bet, that Polanski knows it also :)thankyou rubi! polski? dziekuje :D

Rubi

tony
Registered Musician

Postby tony on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:37 am

can someone post the sheets possibly or is it to unknown? :roll:

tony
Registered Musician

Postby Rubi on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:20 am

"Location: Polska... i nie znasz tej piosenki? (Dopiero teraz zauwazylem - jakie miasto?") :)

As for the sheet - try asking Janusz Olejniczak ;)
Rubi
Registered Musician

Postby tony on Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:01 am

polozenie: Lwow. :)nie znam.... :oops:jestem zly polakiem :lol:

tony
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to General Music