Login or Register to hide advertisements

Help needed! Details inside.

Musical matters that fit into none of the above categories
Post a reply

Help needed! Details inside.

Postby eepok » 03 Aug 2008, 01:01

Just found the site and I'm posting out of sheer desperation.

The girlfriend and I were out having a bit of sushi this afternoon when I noticed a song that had 2 classical piano chords that, played repeatedly, I *know* I had heard somewhere prior. My first instinct was that it was something from my Miles Davis collection, so I shredded through it all until I found with what it *may* have been associated, but I was unsatisfied.

And then it hit me! The classical chords I heard were a dead match for the Unkle song "Rabbit in Your Headlights" ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ClCwcCvdQ

If you listen to the intro, you'll hear what I think I heard. Now, however, I can't find the classical tune from which I heard the chords in the first place!! I think it has a very distinct Chopin feel. I showed my girlfriend and she agrees that she has heard a song by Chopin with similar chords. The closest we've been able to find is Chopin's Funeral March, but I know what I heard while out eating was a significantly slower tempo and there was no melody.

If you have any clue... or any hint as to what I may have heard today, please respond and help me save my sanity!
eepok
Registered Musician

Re: Help needed! Details inside.

Postby juufa72 » 03 Aug 2008, 10:08

I think you would want to listen to Satie's Gymnopedies:

http://pianosociety.com/cms/index.php?section=151
juufa72
Registered Musician

Re: Help needed! Details inside.

Postby eepok » 03 Aug 2008, 12:24

:oYes!! That's it! The first gymnopédie. :o

/faint