Login or Register to hide advertisements

Your favorite type of music?

Musical matters that fit into none of the above categories
Post a reply

Your favorite type of music?

Postby PianistSk8er » 30 Aug 2004, 11:10

So what's yours?

Do you like slow weepy music (Chopin Nocturne), powerful royal sounding music (end of Rach 3), scary music, etc.. what floats your boat?

I personally love really powerful music like Rach3 or some of the Chopin Ballades.

Discuss. :)
PianistSk8er
Violin Concerto Enthusiast
Violin Concerto Enthusiast

Postby aout4 » 30 Aug 2004, 11:15

I like chopin kind of nocturne/ballade/polonasie that is melodious.... but I also enjoy stuffs like rach3...the keyword for me is melodious.....once I heard a concerto called "garbage concerto" , it has no nice melody just some radom irritating noise and I felt like walking out of the concert!

aout4
miss small hands rachopininoff lover

Postby Philip Daniel » 30 Aug 2004, 13:53

I love all kinds of music, from the mystical masses of Palestrina, De Lassus, Des Prez, & Heinrich Isaac to the melodious Neapolitan operatic style that began with Alessandro Scarlatti in the 17th century and ended with Vincenzo Bellini in the 19th century; I love the comic operas and sacred music of Pergolesi & Rossini; the violin pyrotechnics of Tartini, Viotti, & Paganini; I love the oratorios of Schutz, Handel, CPE Bach, Haydn, Mendelssohn, & Berlioz; I love the organ music of Frescobaldi & Kerrl in the 17th century all the way through to the organ music of Rheinberger, Reger, Vierne, & Guilmant in the late-19th early 20th century; I love the light, whimsical sonatas of Domenico Scarlatti, Paradisi, & Padre Soler; I love the pianistic genius that is Chopin; and the my favorite composers of all time are Bach & Mozart, although I consider the greatest composers to be in chronological order Pachelbel & Buxtehude, Bach & Handel, Haydn & Mozart, Beethoven & Schubert, Mendelssohn & Schumann, & Brahms & Tchaikovsky.
Philip Daniel
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Debussy » 30 Aug 2004, 14:52

Impressionistic music is always a treat as it has a beauty that no other style of music can top.

I also like modern music as it gives me the chance (most times) to really go all out on the fff/sfz passages! I'm a man who loves to play extremely loud!
Debussy
Chopin Music's Casanova

Postby An!ma` » 30 Aug 2004, 16:55

I like everything, only Romantic music the least. It all depends on my mood, sometimes I only listen to late Scriabin, then the day after I only want to hear Mozart.
An!ma`
Registered Musician

Postby citrine_peridot » 30 Aug 2004, 17:49

i like to listen to powerful (maybe devilish)ones , but play the romatic ones(skills limited)

citrine_peridot
The "Pedal-Eater"

Postby beethoven » 31 Aug 2004, 00:46

I only listen to Baroque, classical, Romantic and Rachmaninov. I won't go furthur. Mostly Beethoven and Schubert.
beethoven
Registered Musician

Postby Comme_le_Vent » 31 Aug 2004, 02:36

im a big metal fan
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

Postby Jackson » 31 Aug 2004, 05:30

Op25 no12 is not a metal.

I listen to anything(except super-noisy ones or crazy-yelling ones.). However, I'll see if it's worth listening.
Jackson
Registered Musician

Postby aout4 » 31 Aug 2004, 10:08

oh yes baroque music are nice too cos I like Jane Austen's novel and most of the time Jane Austen's drama/ movies usually have girls playing nice music on the piano..i like those type of music

aout4
miss small hands rachopininoff lover

Postby Chozart » 31 Aug 2004, 19:05

i personally fancy (lol) baroque, classical, and various romantic types.

obvious examples are Bach and Mozart (my "masters" :D)

chopin sometimes pisses me off (i could go into a long, weird explanation of this, but I choose not to unless you REALLY want to know..), although I enjoy many many of his pieces.

I like the traditional, "fancy" - hence baroque, and classical - types of sound.
but I like the rich deep, most often depressing, music as well - like Tchaikovsky's and Rach's works.
not saying that they're works are depressing, but that I prefer those works of theirs that are.

* sigh * my taste is weird. lol.
Chozart
"Brendel-like" Mozart & Bach fanatic

Postby Jeliness2 » 31 Aug 2004, 19:45

I like lots of stuff. like chopin, beethoven, brahms, bach, mozart(sometimes;-)), and schumann.
Jeliness2
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Chozart » 31 Aug 2004, 19:56

all those people are awesome

(not including my obvious fav's:) brahms & schumann rock (lol perhaps not the best word, eh?) :D
Chozart
"Brendel-like" Mozart & Bach fanatic

Postby Debussy » 31 Aug 2004, 20:36

If I'm not listening to Baroque/Classical/Romantic/Impressionistic/Modern music, I tend to listen to Rock like AC/DC and Metallica and lots of alternative! :D
Debussy
Chopin Music's Casanova

Postby Comme_le_Vent » 31 Aug 2004, 21:42

Jackson wrote:Op25 no12 is not a metal.

I listen to anything(except super-noisy ones or crazy-yelling ones.). However, I'll see if it's worth listening.

lol, no LITERALLY - i am a BIG METAL FAN - a large rotating device made from metal that spinds around to produce an effect of wind.
Comme_le_Vent
Permanently Banned

Next

Post a reply

Return to General Music