Login or Register to hide advertisements

For Goldberg (and anyone else interested)

Music composed between 1815 and 1910, excluding Chopin: Liszt, Mendelssohn, etc.
Post a reply

Postby Helling » 01 Apr 2005, 00:04

I did try most fingerings, but for me the one you suggest isn't really better.

On the other hand, I don't really have any actual mistakes in this part, so I guess I didn't think about it so much. I still don't know quite what you are referring to specifically (which is not to say I am not rather annoyed about OTHER parts of my recording, but this one in particular I guess I just don't get - it's really not a very difficult part).
Helling
Registered Musician

Postby Goldberg » 01 Apr 2005, 00:10

Here--I'll listen to it again in a couple minutes with the score in front of me and take a more careful listen. Maybe it wasn't as uneven as I thought at first.
One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.
-Oscar Wilde

You know, some people just have natural talents-like some people play the piano but aren't very tall.
-Noodle pirate
Goldberg
Incorrigible Failure

Postby Helling » 01 Apr 2005, 01:01

As far as the first paganini etude, it's actually rather similar sounding in both versions, but easier by a bit in the first setting. This would be a good candidate for combining two versions - the second version works well enough without unnecessary difficulties, but the coda is nicer in the first version I believe, with the nice arpeggios swooping around the melody (not sure if you know what part I mean).
Helling
Registered Musician

Previous

Post a reply

Return to Romantic Period