Login or Register to hide advertisements

Schumann's Arabeske, Op. 18

Music composed between 1815 and 1910, excluding Chopin: Liszt, Mendelssohn, etc.
Post a reply

Schumann's Arabeske, Op. 18

Postby elvenpianist » 08 May 2006, 12:59

HOOOWWW UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS is this piece?!

omg! I'm so in love with it, lol. It's really easy, too- if you have cracked the technique necessary for playing the first movement of Kinderszenen (with the accompaniment split between 2 hands), you definitely can learn this pretty quickly (I can sightread the whole thing, lol).

It just fits under my hand so nicely.. floats along on a cloud... aahhh...

So uber loverly and relaxing to play. :)

I have Rubinstein's recording of it- any others that I should hear?

-elf
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Postby Fryderyk » 08 May 2006, 16:07

I love it aswell, it's so perfect. I can't recall Rubinstein's recording, however I must say that this peice can be done in quite a number of ways which means it can easily be "preformed insufficiently".

Funny you mentioned the kinder-thing since I, without any real seriousness, gave up on both kinderszenen and this very piece because of this annoying technique.

Fryderyk
Registered Musician

Postby Jeliness2 » 08 May 2006, 16:30

Yes I love this piece... I wish I had time to learn it... haha I was envious of my friend for playing it so well.
Jeliness2
Moderato(r)
Moderato(r)

Postby Fryderyk » 10 May 2006, 18:02

I like Stanislav Bunin's recording, it's very beautiful!

Fryderyk
Registered Musician

Postby elvenpianist » 10 May 2006, 18:35

Fryderyk wrote:Funny you mentioned the kinder-thing since I, without any real seriousness, gave up on both kinderszenen and this very piece because of this annoying technique.

Yeah, it was a pain learning kinder 1 last summer.. truly spent countless hours on it. Probably the best hours I've ever spent at the piano though, lol. Definitely worth it.

Arabeske goes well, a few large chords here and there that must be rolled or split up- still debating on how to address those; but over all, it goes wonderfully! :)
elvenpianist
Anglophile elf lass

Post a reply

Return to Romantic Period