Login or Register to hide advertisements

How did he do it?

Chopin's life and works, only
Post a reply

How did he do it?

Postby alan31 » 13 Dec 2010, 19:20

I dont know how many songs Chopin made but I have a few of them. These are my favourite (copy pasting from Winamp) :
- Chopin: Piano Sonata #3 In B Minor, Op. 58 - 4. Finale: Presto Ma Non Tanto
- Barcarolle In F Sharp, Op. 60
- Chopin: Piano Sonata #3 In B Minor, Op. 58 - 1. Allegro
(as played by Rafal Blechacz)

These are just amazing. I get chills down my spine from listening to them, its just too much. I can hunt and peck at the Piano and cant read music and I have no format education in music. I want to ask:

How is music like this made? How did he do it? This also goes for Beethoven's #5 3rd and 4th movements. Those are also just amazing. I wish I could make music like this one day. Its like the TV artist Bob Ross. Anyone who wants to learn to paint can see in his video how he did the painting.

So is there ANY information on how these great musical artists created these masterpieces?
alan31
Registered Musician

Re: How did he do it?

Postby alan31 » 22 Jan 2011, 14:37

Welll guys, no answers?
alan31
Registered Musician

Re: How did he do it?

Postby PianistSk8er » 31 Jan 2011, 03:21

Hey, welcome to the forum! Sorry for the lack of a reply. Traffic here seems to come and go!

To answer your first question, here is a full list of the works composed by Chopin: https://chopinmusic.net/works/list/

As to how Chopin's music was conceived, if I knew I'd be rich! I'd be composing, not studying engineering! For the most part, composing consists of taking a melody, applying variations to it and applying the fundamentals of music theory, harmony and counterpoint to obtain a full composition. Then comes refining and more refining. Chopin was known to spend days obsessing over the details. His creativity came in bursts: he would jot down five pages all at once, then spend weeks refining the tiniest of details.

Hope this helps. There are plenty of books, biographies and old journals that are available at bookstores and online, if you're interested.

Cheers!
PianistSk8er
Violin Concerto Enthusiast
Violin Concerto Enthusiast

Post a reply

Return to Frédéric Chopin