Login or Register to hide advertisements

Did Chopin....?

Chopin's life and works, only
Post a reply

Did Chopin....?

Postby ruata » 22 Jul 2010, 21:07

Hey Guys, i just want to know your personal opinion about this...personally, i have smoked marihuana once in a while, and seriously, it feels good when you sit in front of the piano, not only for playing, for composing as well...this 'drug' makes you feel the music within you, and it splits or separates your left and right ear audition...besides, -personally- i can say sometimes it helps your inspiration. Chopin was totally inside the artists circle of paris in the XIX century, friend of Liszt, Delacroix, Aurore Dupin -as far as i know they were more than friends as i read in his biography- and obviously probably he had more artists and writers friends. At that time, maybe there was no such thing called as 'marihuana' but we all know about the 'Absinthe' or 'la fee vert' or green fairy. Anyway, i find Chopin's compositions spectacular, delicate, and full of passion so bad that is hard for me to describe in words, i think he was a genius with something special no matter if he tried ir or not....but just want to know your opinions about this 'tabu' topic....ok, anyway, hope to read some of your opinions....peace and let the music live within your spirit....
"Sin música la vida sería un error." Friedrich Nietzsche
ruata
Registered Musician

Re: Did Chopin....?

Postby shaulhadar » 13 Aug 2010, 03:41

hello ruata, it is an interesting question you are bringing us. as far as i know from reading and researching chopin's life, he was against smoking and had weak lungs. But i also agree that in those times the elite parisian artists where no strangers to mary j , ir hash. I think there is at least a slim chance that chopin in his days tried to smoke at least once...... i read in his diary that he drank and got wasted in a tavern once and played there some music. hypothetically, if he sat at liszt place with delacroix, and they smoked a joint, or in a pipe, he may gave it a chance, and ofcourse afterwards never smoked. i know that he used to put some opium in his tea in his later years...... i hope i could help you :)
shaulhadar
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to Frédéric Chopin