Login or Register to hide advertisements

4th ballade

Chopin's life and works, only
Post a reply

4th ballade

Postby sever8 » 26 Feb 2008, 10:20

Please tell me why Chopin's 4th ballade is so special; sure its a great piece; however, it certainly does not compare in emotion and beauty to his 1st. I think the 4th is overated; I just can't understand it.
sever8
Registered Musician

Re: 4th ballade

Postby choliszgetibusselkan » 27 Feb 2008, 05:08

i agree with you, except that i think the first one is overated and the fourth is underrated.

The fourth one is titanic, and in my opinion, has better themes. The climax is tremendous and tragic, more so than the first, in my opinion. In my opinion, the fourth one is much more emotionally taxing. So yeah that is how i feel, but they're all great pieces...

... in my opinion.

so don't fret over it so much, what matter is it really if a piece as great as these are more popular than the other? You wanna know overrated? Listen to KIIS FM. Watch MTV. That's overrated music.
choliszgetibusselkan
Registered Musician

Postby sever8 » 08 Apr 2008, 11:31

I understand why the 4th one so so great now. I had to listen to it for a while until I did.
sever8
Registered Musician

Postby shaulhadar » 15 Nov 2008, 03:15

if i'm not nistaken.... the fourth ballade is the pinnacle of romantic piano music....

and yes....i think it is better than the first one.... and believe me i played the first much a lot....
but the fourth is more mature and more exotic....
it is like the most exquisite melodies made in the most atmospherical way...:)
it just amazing!! :)
shaulhadar
Registered Musician

Postby Lya » 15 Nov 2008, 12:03

I looooooooooove this ballade for the atmospher... and the harmony so special... ♥
Lya
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to Frédéric Chopin