Back to Home Forum Index

A few questions about Chopin

Discussion of Chopin's life and works, only.
Post a reply

A few questions about Chopin

Postby lol_nl on Fri May 26, 2006 8:58 pm

1) What are the differences between the so-called "early Chopin style" and "late Chopin style" ? And can you give 2 examples of each?

2) Where did Chopin give his last concert? (EDIT: Never mind already found this one)

3) Briefly discuss Chopin's teaching activities, teaching method, and teaching attitude.

4) Fill in:
a)"Chopin has written two wonderful [...] which are worth more than forty novels and are more eloquent than the entire century's literature." - G.Sand

b)"I have met a great celebrity, Mme Dudevant, known as George Sand... Her appearance is not to my liking. Indeed there is something about her which positively repels me... What an unattractive person La Sand is... Is she really a [...] ? I'm inclined to doubt it." - F.Chopin

c) "Music was his language, the divine tongue through which he expressed a whole realm of sentiments that only the select few can appreciate... The muse of his homeland dictates his songs, and the anguished cries of Poland lend to his art a mysterious, indefinable poetry which, for all those who have truly experienced it, cannot be compared to anything else... The [...] alone was not sufficient to reveal all that lies within him. In short he is a most remarkable individual who commands our highest degree of devotion." - F.Liszt

5) Image
Who is this man and what is the most memorable about his playing style?

:D. If you would like to help me winning a CD :D.
lol_nl
Registered Musician

Postby ruata on Sat May 27, 2006 3:45 pm

a) CONCERTOS perhaps

B) definitly "MAN".....IS SHE REALLY A MAN?
"Sin música la vida sería un error." Friedrich Nietzsche
ruata
Registered Musician

Postby Fryderyk on Sat May 27, 2006 3:57 pm

ruata wrote:4....

B) definitly "MAN".....IS SHE REALLY A MAN?

" ... Is she really a woman?"

Fryderyk
Registered Musician

Postby Thracozaag on Sat May 27, 2006 4:57 pm

Btw; that's Horowitz when he had long hair.

koji

Thracozaag
Registered Musician

Postby citrine_peridot on Sat May 27, 2006 4:58 pm

1) I think you can find the influence of other composers his earlier works...while the later ones are more chopinesque...

and yeah, I though his style became more and more "Polish" as he got more and more mature. (has something to do with his homesickness)

just some random guess

citrine_peridot
The "Pedal-Eater"

Postby lol_nl on Sun May 28, 2006 3:06 pm

Whoever knows these questions and some other can win a DVD at ourchopin.com
lol_nl
Registered Musician

Re: A few questions about Chopin

Postby pianola on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:08 am

i will answer ur first and third question.

1. Chopins "early" style is very expressive and not scared to express. His "later" style is as if he has given up on himself and his music sounds disappointed, sad, and painful.

3. Chopins teaching method is very cool. He believed that the C major scale was the hardest to play because it required lots of control. He thought that the B major scale was the easiest to play because its like its MADE to the shape of the human hand. (i thought about it and it makes SOOOO much sense!) So he encourages his students to warm up with the B major scale.
pianola
Registered Musician

Post a reply

Return to Frédéric F. Chopin